Industry Lead, Financial Services
- New York, NY
Appian is seeking a strategic industry expert in Financial Services for our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Industry Leads team, you will successfully collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while contributing to continuous growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients in banking and capital markets.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time with clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software, providing strategy, and coaching our Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, and Professional Services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping Account Executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts, delivering thought leadership across a variety of formats to generate prospect interest, and secure market awareness.
Additional Activities Include:
- Providing market knowledge and guidance to Appian Sales & partner organizations on the target account strategy within the Financial Services vertical
- Leading and participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Support our marketing strategy by participating in appropriate trade shows, providing insights for industry events, webinars, etc.
Required Skills & Desired Background:
- 10+ years of direct experience in a leadership role at a banking or capital market firm with a complete understanding of the major business drivers in Financial Services
- Hands-on experience driving change and new solutions, with an emphasis on improved customer experience, regulatory effectiveness, and operational efficiency
- Understanding recent trends around digital transformation and the role of FinTech/RegTech and innovation
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in Financial Services
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Computer Science
Location & Travel:
- 30% travel is expected to clients across the country and at times internationally
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top