Human Resources Coordinator, Benefits
Are you an HR professional that's looking to grow your career in the benefits world? Are you organized, analytical, and enjoy collaborating with a team to tackle large HR-related projects? Do you gravitate towards dynamic environments where your contributions matter and you’re able to positively impact those around you?
As a Benefits Coordinator at Appian, you’ll assist in the administration and processing of employee benefits and the day-to-day operations of Appian’s rapidly growing group benefits programs. Our group benefits programs include: health, dental, vision, 401(k), short and long-term disability, life and AD&D, flexible spending accounts, and travel and accident insurance.
About the job:
- Assist in the annual open enrollment and renewal process
- Process all benefit enrollments, terminations, and mid-year benefit changes, including COBRA administration
- Timely review and reconciliation of benefit invoices for payroll processing and payment
- Assist with the submission of payroll-related information to finance
- Perform day-to-day tracking and processing of Stock Options and HIPAA Forms
- Coordinate employee educational seminars and wellness events (401k, financial planning, health fairs, etc.)
- Prepare benefit reports from HRIS and benefit systems as needed.
- Assists with new hire orientation benefits presentations
- Builds, fosters and maintain relationships both with internal clients (i.e., employees) and external partners (i.e. brokers, vendors, etc.) by phone, email or in person, in addition to providing special guidance and assistance to employees on various benefit plans
- Answers routine inquiries from employees in line with company policies.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of all government required reports to include ACA regulations and reporting
- Manages the distribution of required corporate mailings to participants
- Performs periodic internal audits on Appian’s benefit related policies, to ensure compliance
- Maintains employee benefit files in line with company policies
- You have 0-2 years of coordination experience and a Bachelor's Degree, preferably with coursework in human resources management.
- You can maintain the highly confidential nature of HR work.
- You're able to exercise sound judgment, are a planner, are organized, have excellent oral and written communication skills, work well under pressure, take initiative, and are flexible and cooperative. You're also accurate, timely, tactful and discrete.
- You're proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- Brownie points for exposure to benefits administration, HRIS, and/or payroll procedures
- Extra points SHRM-CP Certification (not required)
Appian makes building complex software simple. We’ve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the world’s toughest business problems. It’s exciting and challenging work with exciting and fulfilling rewards. It takes the right person…is that you?
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top