HR Compliance Specialist
Appian is seeking a Compliance Specialist to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws. This position is perfect for somebody who is looking to increase their HR knowledge and take the lead on our HR compliance efforts. They will provide support to the HR department, help administer the company’s HR programs, and assist with the consistent application of HR policies and practices to ensure compliance across all of our locations. Additionally, they will collaborate with internal stakeholders, vendors and external agencies regarding compliance matters. They will also be responsible for coordinating and conducting audits of various HR processes, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Communicate frequently with employees regarding employment policies, procedures, and other HR matters
- Compile data for affirmative action reporting (including applicant and employee data, self-identification records, and EEO-1/VETS-4212 data) and conduct testing for integrity of all data
- Audit, document, and evaluate affirmative action goals and results, and implement and document good faith efforts to achieve them
- Monitor and ensure state and federal compliance (I-9, E-Verify, etc.)
- Provide immigration support by coordinating and tracking immigration postings, PERM filings, and visa renewals
- Maintain and process all legal and tax related orders (tax liens, wage garnishments, income withholding orders etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of off-boarding and exit interviews
- Conduct periodic audits of policies, procedures, files, etc. to ensure compliance
- Assist in performance review tracking
- Conduct and review employee background checks to ensure compliance with Appian standards
- Process and track Workers Compensation claims
- Assist with the processing of employee rotations and relocations
- Provide guidance to management regarding HR policies and processes
- 2-4 years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be extraordinarily detail oriented
- Able to exercise sound judgment, be able to plan, be well organized, have excellent oral and written communication skills, work well under pressure, take initiative, and be flexible and cooperative. The individual should also be accurate, timely, tactful and discrete
- Exceptional organizational skills and judgment, flexibility, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of HR work
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Ability to thrive, and preference for, dynamic, fast paced and high growth environments
- Exposure to HRIS is a plus
- Exposure to payroll procedures is a plus
- Exposure to immigration law is a plus
- B.A/B.S. degree, preferably with coursework in human resources management.
The Appian Platform is unifying technology that makes all of our customers’ systems better. We offer a cutting-edge product that brings together process, data, collaboration, and low-code mobile app development. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
Appian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual preference, age, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical handicap, or disability, except where these are bona fide occupational qualifications. All applicants are given equal consideration without regard to the above criteria.
Back to top