Federal Acquisition Specialist
- McLean, VA
Do you find the government’s acquisition systems antiquated and ineffective? Do you feel modern IT systems and technology advancements have ignored the acquisition community? Join Appian to drive adoption of our new Acquisition Management application. Help us modernize acquisition systems and provide the same intuitive and streamlined experience you expect from any modern application. Together we can help reduce redundant tasks, manual data entry, and document juggling and allow contracting professionals to concentrate on the value added tasks they were trained to do.
As a Federal Acquisition Specialist at Appian, you will be a key contributor to two Appian departments.
You will assist the Appian Solutions department to ensure the suite of Appian acquisition solutions are updated as Federal and DoD acquisition regulations and policies change. You will work directly with Appian Solution leads as well as engineers to translate federal acquisition changes into Appian solution configuration to be provided to Appian customers.
Additionally, you will help the Appian Legal department in its support of Appian’s business with federal agencies. You will be responsible for researching FAR / DFAR considerations and must remain current on all Federal acquisition regulations and policies and how they affect the Appian business.
Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia
- You have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and other government policies and practices relating to doing business with agencies.
- You have previous experience supporting federal contracting activity as any of the following: government 1102 (strongly preferred, especially within the DoD), contractor support, functional support for contracting application.
- You have previous experience supporting contracts involving information technology, software or cloud computing.
- You have knowledge of subcontractor relationships.
- You have the ability to analyze regulatory changes and determine their impact on application configurations.
- You have a BA in addition to 5+ years of experience.
- You are inquisitive, hard-working, able to thrive in a diverse, technology-driven work environment, and demonstrate sound judgment.
- You have experience at a technology company or government agency contract office.
How you’ll contribute:
- Maintain knowledge and deep understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) policies and practices as they change.
- Review and negotiate teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and related documents and forms.
- Participate in proposal preparation activities.
- Monitor and track compliance with contract requirements including small business subcontracting plans.
- Work directly with legal counsel to manage Appian Federal contracts.
- Work directly with Appian solution managers and engineers to maintain and ensure up to date compliance of Appian acquisition solutions with government regulations.
- Provide functional acquisition leadership and guidance internally regarding “best practices” through all phases of the federal acquisition lifecycle.
- Ability to develop acquisition knowledge and expertise among project team members.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top