Enterprise Account Executive
- Salt Lake City, UT
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
What you’ll be doing...
- Owning a subset of Global 2000 key accounts as both a hunter and farmer
- Navigating an opportunistic greenfield territory, top of funnel activity & prospecting, while also nurturing accounts through a land and expand approach
- Strategically lead a complex sales cycle (approx. 6 - 12 months) to a successful close
- Selling into enterprise, complex organizations business enablement software, automation to senior executives (c-suite and business partners) at the enterprise level ($2B+ in revenue)
- Viewing the client’s business through a strategic lens to create custom, tailored solutions specific to each customer’s needs
- Leveraging and developing meaningful relationships
- Actively seeking to understand industry trends to help position against competitors
- Experienced. Minimum 2-5+ years of experience selling enterprise software as an Account Executive.
- Excelling. Backed by a track record of success, including: selling at the enterprise level, consistent quota achievement and landing new logos
- An Effective Presenter. Experienced delivering in-person presentations to multiple audiences
- Self-Motivated. Possess a hungry, high energy, “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality
- Tenured. Displays loyalty and perseverance through long, stable job tenure and positive career trajectory
- Consultative. A trusted advisor to both customers and colleagues
- An Influencer: Representing Appian’s brand to your network and keeping an eye out for top talent to build our growing teams
High level points:
- Background sales experience - selling into Fortune 2000 companies, into Mountain West states, selling into business & IT functional leaders, history of success hunting in a greenfield territory, ability to work with indirect channels/services team, value selling, consultative selling, land & expand approach
- Broad Markets Focused Industries: Manufacturing, CPG, Travel and Transportation, REIT, Retail, Insurance, Mining, Energy
- Years of experience - 2- 5+ years experience as an Account Executive
- Previous company experience - larger more established companies with sales training
- Proven track record of success with at least one 2+ year stint in the past 5 years on resume.
What Appian Sales can offer you:
Top-Ranked Product: Appian’s single product leads in multiple analyst reports, a strong leader in Business Process Management (BPM), Case Management, and a definer of the low-code market.
Happy Customers: Cigna, Merck, and Ryder (just to name a few) use our platform for applications that offer huge ROI. With our Appian Guarantee, our customers will have their first project completed in just 8 weeks.
Full-On Support: Enterprise Sales is a team sport. From the Industry Leads, Business Development Representatives, Solutions Consultants, Partner Services, Proposal Team and of course Account Executives; there is a talented team armed with the tools to maximize our performance and success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Back to top