Cloud Software Engineer
Building the cloud infrastructure for the leading low-code platform requires agile, reliable, secure, highly scalable, and highly available systems. As a Cloud Engineer on the Appian Cloud team, you’ll help us accomplish this goal, and will have substantial impact on the growth of our cloud platform. We're committed to pushing cutting edge trends in cloud infrastructure development in order to create the best possible experience for our customers.
About the Job:
- Work with a talented team of Software Engineers and Architects to build full stack applications and services.
- Take ownership on critical pieces of our system and participate in all the aspects of product development.
- Perform feature analysis and estimation, architectural design, testing, deployment and continuous improvement for Appian Cloud management applications and services.
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve complex problems, as well as looking for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and architecture of Appian Cloud.
- Partner with our development team to build applications of enterprise scale, including but not limited to data analytics, content delivery, monitoring, observability systems, etc.
- Partner with our technical support team understanding service pain points and addressing those through innovative solutions.
Appian makes building complex software simple. We’ve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the world’s toughest business problems. It’s exciting and challenging work with exciting and fulfilling rewards. It takes the right person…is that you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- 1+ years’ experience in enterprise software business.
- Programming experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with RDBMS database technology (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS, etc.)
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Fluency in at least one linux scripting language (e.g. bash/shell, perl, etc.)
- Experience with Java application server platforms (e.g. JBoss, WebLogic, etc.)
- Experience with web server platforms (e.g. Apache, Microsoft IIS, Nginx, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Familiarity with automation tools (e.g. Docker, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.)
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top