Career Development Specialist
Are you passionate about operations and people? Are you a people person with excellent organizational and communication skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diversity of challenges?
Appian’s Professional Services Operations team is growing! This role demands someone with comfort in both business and career development and an interest in translating between the two. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic, and has an extremely high level of detail and organization.
- You are data driven and enjoy analyzing compensation plans, promotion schedules and headcount goals
- You’re a people person who can provide proactive counsel to managers and employees alike by promoting a positive, productive work environment and instill productive employee relations practices
- You have 4-5 years of experience with Human Resources, Talent Management, or Career Counseling, preferably in a consulting environment
- You are detailed-oriented, highly organized, and adept at setting up meetings, tracking goals, and managing processes
- You are a strong writer and presenter, with the ability to create and present career management materials and programs to consultants and management alike
- You’re educated with a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, and/or related field
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage people analytics for the professional services department to include: salary bands and headcount
- Meet with consultants on a quarterly basis to evaluate career goals and serve as an expert point of contact for them
- Proactive management, maintenance and enhancement of career management programs (i.e., employee recognition, promotions, rotations & transfers) to develop, evaluate, and retain talent throughout the organization
- Solicit and facilitate regular feedback reviews designed to improve management, employee satisfaction, productivity, and business results
- Create well-developed deliverables, resource needs, and work plans on new assignments with limited supervision
- Act as an advocate for Professional Services Career Management and career management point of contact for Professional Services and other departments
- Be the point of contact for HR and other department heads regarding employees within the Professional Services department
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top