Associate Solution Engineer
Do you love solving the most complex challenges? Do you enjoy working with smart teams from around the world? Are you passionate about delivering top-notch service to customers running mission-critical applications?
As an Associate Solution Engineer you’ll engage all your many technical and communication talents to become an expert on Appian Cloud (Platform as a Service), on-premise deployments and the technologies our platform integrates with.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hands-on engineer; a problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills. The best candidates will have a strong passion for software engineering and a desire to help our global Cloud and on-premise customers to succeed.
The Solution Engineering team is responsible for providing high-quality expert level assistance to our customers around the globe who are using the Appian platform to run their mission-critical applications.
You will have the opportunity to design and implement unique and creative solutions while improving our support methodologies playing a key role in the success of customer relationships and customer facing communications.
A Solution Engineer uncovers the deepest mysteries by finding the root cause of customer issues, analyzing their problems, helping them solve their blockers and participating in customer facing calls to communicate progress, action plans and resolution details.
As part of this elite team you will receive on-boarding training to make you a full-stack engineer with wide knowledge of our platform, the technologies it’s built on and the ones it integrates with. You will learn our technology and become an expert in our software and why/how we intend to fulfill our claim that we are revolutionizing the way software is built.
If this sounds exciting to you, apply and be part of our global team of engineers!
Appian makes building complex software simple. We’ve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the world’s toughest business problems. It’s exciting and challenging work with exciting and fulfilling rewards. It takes the right person…is that you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or similar work experience
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continuous improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of Appian
- Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required)
- Keen to learn to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written)
Nice to Have Experience:
- IaaS (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine)
- Java application server platforms (e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Web services (e.g. SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top