- McLean, VA
Appian is looking for an Application Engineer to develop large-scale applications that support internal Appian employees around the world. In this role, you will become an expert on our software; from implementing business process applications to working with cutting edge technologies such as artificial intelligence and robotic process automation. If you’re searching for an opportunity that will allow you to create meaningful software solutions while working closely with business stakeholders in a fast-paced Agile environment then you should consider joining Appian. As a member of our talented and over-performing central applications team, your contributions will immediately impact and always make a difference.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s platform.
- Design applications from modeling the database schema to building out the user flows to creating mock-ups for the interfaces.
- Gather requirements and analyze stakeholder’s business strategy and business processes to develop corresponding technical solutions that provide an intuitive user experience.
- Build and invoke web APIs to integrate with various systems that are used across the organization such as Google AI, social media platforms, HR management systems, finance systems, etc.
- Quickly learn the latest cutting edge technology (i.e. artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, etc). to integrate into various business applications
- Provide demonstrations of solutions built on Appian software to business stakeholders.
- Work on projects independently or with a small team depending on the complexity and scope of the project.
- Proactively provide feedback to Appian’s Engineering team and participate in usability testing for new product features.
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues and provide ongoing support to various business applications.
- You have 1-3 years of job experience in software development or related fields.
- You’re educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science or a technical/engineering degree.
- You have a solid foundation of, or love for, technology.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes and gather functional system requirements. You are not an order taker; you ask why questions and solve the right problems.
- You can effectively communicate both technical and non-technical topics with people of various personalities and are not afraid to voice your opinion.
- You feel empowered and able to cope with change and handle uncertainty by shifting gears comfortably and acting without having the total picture.
- Understanding of Agile software practices
- Preferred experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including designing data models and/or entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) for business use cases.
- Prior experience with enterprise systems including CRM, HRIS, ERP and their corresponding business domain knowledge
- Preferred experience developing integrations using REST APIs.
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process and case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the world’s toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, and ease that we are continually improving our internal use and feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces” list for the last seven consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top