Workplace Experience/ Facilities Manager
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
Reporting to the VP, Business Operations, the Workplace Experience / Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing our rapidly growing HQ office located in Goleta and remote locations in Dallas, San Diego, and beyond! From the morning essentials that get us started to the office spaces that inspire our productivity, the Workplace Experience team is there to make it happen.
At AppFolio, the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of listening to our customers to provide solutions that meet and anticipate their needs. The right candidate will possess this customer centric mindset and apply it to all interactions with our employees (we call ourselves AppFolians!), executives, visitors and vendors.
This role will lead both an internal office management staff and a full suite of external vendors and service providers to develop and maintain innovative services and offerings that excite, energize, and inspire. In addition, the Workplace Experience Manager will play a part in the design and construction of new offices and will need to work cross-functionally to understand departmental needs from an office space and growth perspective.
- Oversee property management services including: maintenance of building and mechanical systems, janitorial service and supplies, and health and safety in a demanding environment that requires the highest level of service delivery
- Manage day to day workplace services including ticketing system, furniture procurement, moves, janitorial, and food services.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Workplace Experience team across all offices.
- Communicate program information and updates to AppFolians where appropriate.
- Act as on-site liaison during planning and construction of office expansions
- Ensure all new locations open on schedule and all local management staff are well versed and trained with office processes
- Develop budgets for all office services ranging from food offerings to office supplies
- Drive best practices by innovating, documenting and improving work methods
Background and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management or equivalent office management experience
- Experience using business software programs including Google applications
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Experience developing and managing budgets with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills
- Solid knowledge of property management, food service, leases, construction terms and practices, and industry trends
- Knowledge of interior design and architectural drawings a huge plus.
- Proven record of effecting strategic change and initiatives. Service-minded and strong customer service focus, flexible and open to new ways of doing business
- Ability to instill heightened attention to detail in team members and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions.
- Solid people management and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Proven ability to influence at all levels.
- CFM Certification, IFMA member a plus
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top