Value Added Services Team Executive Administrative Assistant
V+ Executive Assistant
The V+ Executive Assistant supports the VP and Directors of Value Added Services at AppFolio, ensuring the overall efficiency of the executive office and V+ department by providing comprehensive administrative support and coordination of daily tasks, department logistics, and event coordination.
In this role, you will manage calendar scheduling, meeting and travel coordination, and perform additional general administrative tasks in a dynamic, high-tech environment. You are responsible for being a central point of contact for department leaders and the Value+ team in Santa Barbara and Dallas, ensuring organization and consistency across offices. You will act at the liaison and point of contact for all Value+ department employees, coordinating Facilities and IT requests and relaying important information to VP, Directors and Managers.
The Executive Assistant represents the AppFolio Value+ department professionally and maintains confidentiality in all communications. Occasionally, you will be called upon to assist other executives and department heads with similar duties when necessary. Successful candidates are detail oriented project managers, excelling in a fast-paced environment.
- Administrative Support (40%)
- Ensure the overall efficiency and professionalism of AppFolio executive office by providing comprehensive support and coordination of daily tasks.
- Work closely with AppFolio executive assistants and coordinators from other departments in SB and Dallas offices to ensure consistency, accurate calendaring, provide recommendations and feedback, and up to date sharing of new information and effective procedures.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate travel for department employees as needed.
- Process monthly expense reports and departmental purchases on company credit card.
- Initiate, collect, proof, and assemble correspondence, including: meeting materials and Power Point presentations.
- Maintain department fun site, coordinate monthly and quarterly awards, update department presentation, track & keep relevant parties informed of important dates.
- Department Logistics (40%)
- Organize team meals as needed.
- Ensure technical logistics and details are planned in advance and in place for all team onsite and offsite meetings.
- Manage executive & team calendar scheduling; plan/set-up conference calls (using GoToMeeting).
- Manage/update department calendar and email distribution lists.
- Administrator for LastPass password management and Ring Central software.
- Coordinate all facilities and IT related requests including computer/software/equipment needs, office supplies, ergonomic evaluations, quarterly seating changes/dept. moves, and other as needed.
- Assist with onboarding new V+ hires by working with facilities and department heads on start dates, seating and IT needs.
- Phone screenings and interview scheduling as needed.
- Event Coordination (20%)
- Work with Facilities & Procurement team to plan and manage department events and meetings (on-site and off-site). Research event venues, caterers, swag materials.
- Detail all costs related to production, following procurement department procedures, providing cost comparisons to VP, and maintaining budgets.
- Act as department liaison and coordinator for AppFolio Customer Conference and Annual Summit Kickoff.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating teambuilding events.
- Assist Facilities and Procurement with inventory tracking.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing senior level executives, preferably in a high tech environment
- Experience managing highly confidential information and sensitive data
- Strong flexibility, organizational, and time management skills to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks/projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer orientation to both internal and external customers
- Self-motivated, dependable and high attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and Google Apps for Business
- GoToMeeting/Webinar set-up proficiency preferred
- Mac proficiency highly desired
- BS/BA degree highly desired
Back to top