User Experience Research Recruiter
WHO WE ARE:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile onThe Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
User Research Recruiter
As a recruiter within our UX team, you will be responsible for supporting regular cycles of market, prospect, and customer research. As an integral part of the Product team, you will be instrumental in the Discovery phase of the design process - sourcing and recruiting prospects/customers to help aid the team in learning more about users.
The ideal candidate will be high energy, able to regularly engage prospects/customers, self-motivated, thorough, and will enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
What will you do?
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work with Product and UX teams to understand what types of research candidates are needed
- Source and recruit prospects/customers effectively via phone, email, and other tools
- Screen potential research candidates for availability, interest level & appropriate qualifications
- Coordinate the logistics of user research meetings including participant and facility scheduling
- In calls: take notes, provide detailed transcripts for the team, organize call artifacts, and assist in any follow up activities (such as wireframing, prototyping, and story mapping)
- Keep up to date with market and technology trends
Desired Skills & Experience:
You will be a good fit in this group if you have:
- Understanding of UX research methodologies and their application
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce, GoToMeeting, and Respondent.io
- Comfortable with sourcing participants for user studies
- The ability to interact in a dynamic environment, remaining flexible, organized, enthusiastic, and inventive
You will be a top candidate if you also have:
- Familiarity and experience with survey research, including survey design, questionnaire development, sampling, and analysis
- Practical, hands-on experience with methodologies such as text analysis, 1:1 interviews, focus groups, and UI design and usability testing, particularly in prototype environments
Back to top