User Experience Designer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
User Experience Designer
AppFolio is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our fast paced team working to bring the power of well-designed SaaS products to a multitude of vertical industries. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, eager to apply Agile and Lean UX techniques while working alongside Software & QA Engineers, and Product Managers to build revolutionary software solutions.
The UX Designer is a dedicated member of a small, cross functional scrum team and is primarily responsible for prototyping and validating design solutions made in collaboration with other team members. An evangelist for user-centered design, this individual has a unique talent and passion for translating complex tasks into simple interactions, driving ease of use as our key competitive advantage.
- Meet complex design challenges by participating alongside engineering, QA and product in LeanUX-inspired activities such as design studios, provisional personas and storymapping
- Ongoing, close collaboration with team members during the sprint including impromptu discussions and brainstorming activities as well as pairing with engineers on design
- Support the team as needed with wireframes, flow diagrams, rapid prototypes and visual design to help communicate and validate design ideas
- Facilitate user research, in collaboration with the team, to validate prototypes and conduct ongoing usability testing of the working software
- Be the voice and advocate of the customer, constantly sharing data and insights with the team to communicate customer needs and best practices
- Evangelize a cohesive user experience via the consistent use of UI patterns
- Inspire teams beyond good usability to user delight by promoting beautiful, cutting-edge visual design
- Actively participate in the evolving UX team strategy, discovering and piloting new tools and resources that promote agile and lean methodologies
- Will be required to work out of our Santa Barbara or San Diego office
- Travel expected to visit customers, conferences, or trade shows once per quarter
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical aptitude, product common sense, and curiosity combined with a genuine love for products, people, and user experience
- A portfolio of software design that demonstrates outstanding interaction design skills across multiple devices as well as a thorough understanding of graphic design, page layout and typography
- Experience with a variety of UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, mockups, prototypes, etc.), but with a keen sense of when to choose the right tool(s) to communicate the design
- Knowledge of Agile UX and Lean UX methodologies and experience working in a highly collaborative, agile environment is a huge plus
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Axure, etc
- Intermediate understanding of HTML/CSS, with direct experience optimizing design concepts around these technologies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in user experience or interactive visual design. BA in a design or digital media is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software a plus
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Damon V.VP, Software Engineering, MyCase
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top