User Experience Designer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
User Experience Designer
AppFolio is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our fast paced team working to bring the power of well-designed SaaS products to a multitude of vertical industries. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, eager to apply Agile and Lean UX techniques while working alongside Software & QA Engineers, and Product Managers to build revolutionary software solutions.
The UX Designer is a dedicated member of a small, cross functional scrum team and is primarily responsible for prototyping and validating design solutions made in collaboration with other team members. An evangelist for user-centered design, this individual has a unique talent and passion for translating complex tasks into simple interactions, driving ease of use as our key competitive advantage.
- Meet complex design challenges by participating alongside engineering, QA and product in LeanUX-inspired activities such as design studios, provisional personas and storymapping
- Ongoing, close collaboration with team members during the sprint including impromptu discussions and brainstorming actives as well as pairing with engineers on design
- Support the team as needed with wireframes, flow diagrams, rapid prototypes and visual design to help communicate and validate design ideas
- Facilitate user research, in collaboration with the team, to validate prototypes and conduct ongoing usability testing of the working software
- Be the voice and advocate of the customer, constantly sharing data and insights with the team to communicate customer needs and best practices
- Evangelize a cohesive user experience via the consistent use of UI patterns
- Inspire teams beyond good usability to user delight by promoting beautiful, cutting-edge visual design
- Actively participate in the evolving UX team strategy, discovering and piloting new tools and resources that promote agile and lean methodologies
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical aptitude, product common sense, and curiosity combined with a genuine love for products, people, and user experience
- A portfolio of software design that demonstrates outstanding interaction design skills across multiple devices as well as a thorough understanding of graphic design, page layout and typography
- Experience with a variety of UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, mockups, prototypes, etc.), but with a keen sense of when to choose the right tool(s) to communicate the design
- Knowledge of Agile UX and Lean UX methodologies and experience working in a highly collaborative, agile environment is a huge plus
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Axure, etc
- Intermediate understanding of HTML/CSS, with direct experience optimizing design concepts around these technologies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in user experience or interactive visual design. BA in a design or digital media is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software a plus
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top