System Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
Dynasty is an automation company. We build AI for real estate powered by latest advances in machine learning technology. Our customers own and manage real estate across the United States.
Our flagship product, Lisa, is a conversational AI which automates leasing communications, replaces manual tasks, and helps customers grow their business.
As a system reliability engineer, you’ll ensure the service scales to our rapidly growing portfolio of customers, develop tooling and instrumentation for monitoring and observability, and improve production uptime and reliability.
We're looking for engineers with strong records of running large-scale production systems. You ship quickly. You have exquisite attention to detail and take pride in building dependable software services.
- Monitoring/observability: ensure service degradation and failures are quickly identified, properly escalated, and easily debuggable w/ best-in-class tools
- Scaling: quantify bot throughput, GraphQL API throughput
- Scaling: decouple and distribute services to prevent cascading failures
- Infrastructure: migrate single-node Nginx to AWS CloudFront managed by Terraform
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Like the number 9
- Have experience working with infrastructure automation (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef), monitoring/observability tools (e.g. Honeycomb, Prometheus, opentracing).
- Enjoy figuring out how to ensure the dependability of distributed software services.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in owning projects to successful completion.
We value aptitude and eagerness. Our only requirements are the ability to make decisions and progress quickly, a strong bias for simplicity, and a history of shipping.
What's it like to work at Dynasty?
Dynasty is applying state-of-the-art machine learning to solve problems for the largest industry in the world.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are eager to learn and work with us on the bleeding-edge. Your past experience is valuable but less important than your motivation and ability to learn.
Employee health, growth, and happiness are our top priorities.
We’re a recently-acquired startup and we remain entrepreneurial. We look at Dynasty as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We're here to grow our business and support each other in our curiosity and creativity - which we pursue through experimentation, thoughtful discussion, and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for people who are committed to going out of their way to help teammates in both the short-term and long-term.
Our office is in sunny Venice, CA. There are currently more plants here than people. We like it that way. :)
Under the hood:
- Java 8, with minimal boilerplate
- TypeScript / React / GraphQL / Apollo
- AWS Lambda / serverless functions
- Python / Tensorflow / Google Cloud ML
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top