Staff Accountant I
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we are looking for:
With solutions designed for law firms, property management / real estate and financial professionals, AppFolio’s award winning web-based software is used by thousands of happy customers across the country. We are experiencing high-growth and are hiring highly motivated and experienced accounting and finance professionals who thrive in a supportive culture and rapid growth environment.
AppFolio is looking for an Associate Staff Accountant to focus on general ledger accounting. This position addresses a variety of accounting activities including: bank and credit card reconciliation, accruals, balance sheet account reconciliation and monthly, quarterly and yearly closings.
The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, high tech environment to support our continued success. The Associate Staff Accountant must take initiative to solve or maintain complex tasks that are routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Reconcile and analyze basic balance sheet accounts
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes
- Assist with quarterly and annual SEC reporting
- Support management with special projects, workflow process improvements, and analysis of accounts as required
- Aid in reviewing and maintaining SOX documentation and procedures
- Support Internal Audit with testing Internal Controls
- Prepare audit schedules and provide analysis for our external auditors on a quarterly basis
- Perform ad-hoc requests (ie US Gov’t Census report)
Knowledge and Skills:
- BA/BS in Economics, Business, or a related field; emphasis in Accounting a plus
- 0-2 years of general accounting and/or financial statement preparation experience desired
- General knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, including Excel
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Web Production Specialist
Lizzie helps each AppFolio client develop a website and an online presence that looks and feels professional. Her goal is to help clients’ businesses build their brands and establish credibility online.
Back to top