Sr. Web Operations Engineer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Web Operations Engineer to build and operate the 24/7 infrastructure for AppFolio's innovative SaaS products. You will be responsible for the architecture, build, design and maintenance of AppFolio’s hosting, computing, networking, and storage infrastructure.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge software, loves learning new and emerging technologies, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
- Hands-on with every aspect of our technical operations
- Improve and scale a highly available SaaS application platform
- Implement infrastructure, system, application level monitoring to ensure high system availability
- Improve and manage application/configuration deployment tools
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS, MS or Ph.D in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years related industry experience, preferably in a SaaS company
- Experience in highly available 24x7 production environment
- Passion for automation
- Experience with using Amazon Web Services, including APIs and CLIs
- Experience with administration of MySQL or RDS
- Experience with Linux, Puppet, Memcache, Tengine or nginx
- Experience with scripting in bash and ruby
- Excellent and creative problem solving skills. You don’t need to know everything but you need to know how to find the solution
- Self-motivated, organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative and willing to: teach, learn and be a generalist.
- Willing to travel to co-locations and occasionally install equipment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Networking, Security, Colocation, CDN
- Experience with monitoring/data collection tools such as Nagios, Monit, Cacti, Graphite, Redis
- Experience with server virtualization technology: vagrant, KVM, XEN, VMWare
- Experience with Agile development
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products, apply today!
No outside recruiter or agency submissions, please.
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top