Sr. Product Manager
Who we are:
AppFolio was founded by the team that built GoToMeeting, a market leading enterprise software solution. We have extensive experience in software development and continue to lead the way in providing our customers with user-friendly, intuitive, and innovative solutions. Our headquarters is in Santa Barbara with other key offices in Dallas and San Diego.
What’s in it for you:
20 PTO Days
Amazing company culture
Room to grow and tons of mentoring
Onsite Fitness Classes
A fully stocked break room with all kinds of snacks and goodies
Being a part of a rapidly growing startup company in SaaS
Sr. Product Manager
The Product Manager works closely with the Engineering team to communicate and present customer problems and help facilitate discussions with customers.
This position will meet regularly with Sales, Marketing, and Client Services to discuss upcoming releases and gather feedback on what can be improved in the product. This role reports to the Director of Product Management.
The ideal candidate has an uncanny ability to listen and engage prospects/customers, embraces new technologies, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and loves to solve problems.
What will you do?
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Constantly gather feedback from customers and prospective customers in order to recommend product improvements
- Work with sales, implementation, marketing, and support teams to identify ways to make our value added services better
- Manage an Agile development based scrum team as a product owner by leading feature identification and prioritizing requirements
- Build business cases (including financial analyses) and present it to management
- Keep up to date with market and technology trends and competitive offerings
Desired Skills & Experience
You will be a great fit in this group if you have:
- 5+ years experience with high-tech products and technologies (preferably software as a service products)
- A strong technical background – BS in Computer Science with significant hands-on experience building technology products is preferred. We are looking for quality (not quantity) of experience. MBA is a plus.
- A keen sense of business – the ability to understand market trends and consumer requirements, build business cases to justify your analysis, and design and prioritize features to fit the market needs.
- Leadership - Proven ability to lead medium to large (7 to 15 people) cross-functional teams
Above all, we are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about building great products. If that sounds like you but you lack in one or more of the areas above, still feel free to drop us a line.
Back to top