Sr. Marketing Analyst
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
The Sr. Marketing Analyst provides analysis of all Marketing channels to inform strategic decisions by marketing stakeholders. This individual will have a deep understanding of web analytics, attribution, and tracking methodologies, and a working knowledge of digital marketing campaigns.
A successful candidate in this role will work to create scalable processes that provide accurate reporting and comprehensive dashboards that are easily digestible at all levels of the organization and that will help dictate how marketing dollars are spent.
The Marketing Analyst & Operations Specialist will work to develop a reporting framework that is all encompassing of our KPIs. This individual will have a deep understanding of web analytics, attribution, and tracking methodologies, and a working knowledge of digital marketing campaigns. The Marketing Analytics & Operations Specialist will report to the Manager, Marketing Operations and work closely with marketing program managers to report on performance.
A successful candidate in this role will provide comprehensive dashboards and reports that are easily digestible at all levels of the organization and that will help dictate how marketing dollars are spent. They will also ensure that all systems are properly integrated and fully functional.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the operations team to support tracking, reporting, and attribution methodology across marketing
- Develop reporting and dashboards to answer key business questions and connect the dots around performance and brand marketing
- Understand the technology and tracking of programs that support the analytics and be able to help with troubleshooting
- Own weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reporting – both total funnel analysis and per program analysis
- Assist with budget tracking and reporting
- Analyze KPIs such as leads, pipeline, and bookings by various marketing channels, lead segments, campaigns, timeframes and sales channels
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Marketing, Ops, and Finance
- Work with marketing stakeholders to streamline analyses across multiple marketing channels, including: email, SEM, SEO, content, display, events and branding in order to ensure ROI of our marketing programs spend investments
- Determine the set of tools, automation, and processes needed to scale with the business
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, finance, economics, engineering etc.)
- 2-5 years experience in an analytics role, preferably tech
- Concise verbal and written skills and an ability to translate complex subjects into key takeaways
- Understanding of web data collection methodology, such as email opens, website conversions, content engagement, and measuring incremental lift
- Intermediate SQL skills required
- Experience in R, Python, or similar stats coding language a plus
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, D3 or similar dashboarding/viz tool or technology required
- Working knowledge of web analytics technology (e.g, Google Analytics, Bizible, MixPanel), marketing automation (Marketo) and CRM tools (SalesForce)
- Self starter, team player, problem solver, comfortable with ambiguity, creative
- Demonstrated success presenting large datasets in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Experience with attribution modeling across multiple channels a big plus
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Web Production Specialist
Lizzie helps each AppFolio client develop a website and an online presence that looks and feels professional. Her goal is to help clients’ businesses build their brands and establish credibility online.
Back to top