Sr. Internal Auditor, SOX IT
The SOX IT Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Manager, Internal Audit and assist with the SOX ITGC compliance program. The position will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and remediation of SOX IT compliance initiatives as well as assisting in the development of company-wide IT control standards and other ITGC control-related projects. The Senior Internal Auditor, SOX IT needs to be able to work as an individual contributor and manage resources from a third-party consulting firm to execute the SOX IT program. The individual has an in-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of SOX ITGCs, SOC1 review, COSO framework, and PCAOB guidance related to the technology industry.
You’ll know you’re the right fit if you have:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong work ethic, are self-motivated, and willing to “Roll-up your sleeves” in order to drive and deliver results and improve processes
● Demonstrated ability to adhere to timelines and critical deadlines; and takes ownership and accountability
● Strong organizational and project management skills
● Strong analytical skills with proven ability to strategize solutions and solve problems
● Ability to make effective and independent judgments, including the ability to develop creative solutions to difficult problems
● Ability to summarize complex and/or technical information into easy-to-understand pieces
● Ability to understand latest industry trends and their potential impact on the company
● Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
What you’ll do all day:
● Assist with the annual SOX IT risk assessment, scoping, testing approach and timing.
● Critically evaluate current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation.
● Manage internal and external teams in performance of SOX compliance activities
● Identify control gaps and recommendations and work with IT owners to implement process remediations and improvements to ensure compliance.
● Obtain annual SOC 1 reports from the relevant service organizations and assess implication on the company’s internal controls and ability to rely on third-party information.
● Coordinate work with external auditors.
● Work closely with stakeholders to create/maintain system narratives, identify key controls, and assess design of IT key controls.
● Demonstrate clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex IT issues in simple terms to executive management and team members.
● Produce quality deliverables supporting analysis and recommendations to stakeholders and executive management.
● Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley general IT controls, IT application control and key report testing.
● Work with the Security, Engineering, IT, and Web Operations teams to create and maintain sustainable policies and procedures
● Coordinate annual SOC 1 audit
● Assist with special projects and strategic initiatives including company system implementations and conversions. Assess such implementations for SOX compliance.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
● Minimum requirement: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
● Certifications such as CISA, CPA, CISSP, CISM or CIA preferred
● 3-5 years with in public accounting and/or industry experience
● Big 4 public accounting firm experience required
● Industry experience with high technology companies and demonstrate proficiency with issues that are typical for technology companies with a complex and fast-paced IT environment
● Strong knowledge of:
○ IT General Controls, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404, COSO Internal Controls Framework, COBIT, Enterprise Risk Framework and risk assessment practices;
○ SOC 1 review requirements
Back to top