Sr. Financial Data Analyst
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this role delivers automation and data visualization supporting the business and enabling data consumption for deeper analysis and insights. Partnering with the FP&A team, this role enables strategic business decisions by delivering timely data-driven insight.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting and data management in support of broader analysis and insights. Enabling the FP&A team through reporting and data visualization to move beyond the “what” and into the “why” and “what’s next”.
- Assume ownership of all consolidated reporting, including key business metrics, headcount analysis, forecast consolidation.
- In partnership with the broader FP&A team, provide regular reporting and analytics to business partners in support of understanding key business questions
- Administer improvements to Adaptive Planning driving process improvement, enhanced reporting, and alignment in a fast-paced, ever-changing business.
- Develop and maintain balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Recommend process improvements and implement automation to drive more timely, accurate and meaningful reporting and analytics.
What We’re Looking For
- Communication: Able to provide clear communication regarding our overall strategy and each business line’s strategy (what we are doing, why, how it impacts) to all levels internally and externally.
- Analytical skills: Able to identify, measure and impact the important metrics needed to manage and develop a line of business; able to simplify complex content.
- Attention to Detail: Appropriately checks all work for errors and does not let important details slip when it comes to data and its accuracy.
- Customer Focus: Understand the needs of Business Leaders as well as cross-departmental associates and strive to delight at each touchpoint and level of interaction.
- Innovation: We should always be thinking about ways to deliver value faster.
- Creativity: We’re solving novel problems; doing the same things we’ve done in the past may work sometimes, but it won’t always be enough. Creative, elastic thinking is critical to our success.
- BS or higher in Business, Accounting, or a related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in an Analyst role.
- Strong Tableau, SQL, and Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to support, work and communicate with a fast, cross-functional team.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
Back to top