Sr. Financial Data Analyst
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Sr. Financial Data Analyst
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this role delivers automation and data visualization supporting the business and enabling data consumption for deeper analysis and insights. Partnering with the FP&A team, this role enables strategic business decisions by delivering timely data-driven insight.
- Reporting and data management in support of broader analysis and insights. Enabling the FP&A team through reporting and data visualization to move beyond the “what” and into the “why” and “what’s next”.
- Assume ownership of all consolidated reporting, including key business metrics, headcount analysis, forecast consolidation.
- In partnership with the broader FP&A team, provide regular reporting and analytics to business partners in support of understanding key business questions
- Administer improvements to Adaptive Planning driving process improvement, enhanced reporting, and alignment in a fast-paced, ever-changing business.
- Develop and maintain balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Recommend process improvements and implement automation to drive more timely, accurate and meaningful reporting and analytics.
- BS or higher in Business, Accounting, or a related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in an Analyst role.
- Strong Tableau, SQL, and Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to support, work and communicate with a fast, cross-functional team.
- Communication: Able to provide clear communication regarding our overall strategy and each business line’s strategy (what we are doing, why, how it impacts) to all levels internally and externally.
- Analytical skills: Able to identify, measure and impact the important metrics needed to manage and develop line of business; able to simplify complex content.
- Attention to Detail: Appropriately checks all work for errors and does not let important details slip when it comes to data and its accuracy.
- Customer Focus: Understand the needs of Business Leaders as well as cross-departmental associates and strive to delight at each touchpoint and level of interaction.
- Innovation: We should always be thinking about ways to deliver value faster.
- Creativity: We’re solving novel problems; doing the same things we’ve done in the past may work sometimes, but it won’t always be enough. Creative, elastic thinking is critical to our success.
- Autonomous: Can work independently yet knows when to ask for help, able to find tools and resources to get the job done with minimal guidance.
- Reliability: Do what you say you do. To be successful we all must be able to rely on one another.
- Lifelong Learner: Always fostering the continuous development and improvement of your skills and knowledge
- Simpler is Better: Demonstrates the thought, discipline and inclination towards simple v. complex solutions.
- Great, Innovative Products are Key to a Great Business: Generates and brings other’s new and creative ideas forward.
- Listening to Customers is in Our DNA: Applies a deep understanding of customers to make customer-friendly / customer-centered decisions.
- Small, Focused Teams Keep Us Agile: Spends their time on the critical few actions that are most important. Can eliminate roadblocks and demonstrates ability to say “no”.
- We Do the Right Thing; It's Good for Business: Always operates with integrity, especially when faced with tough situations.
Back to top