Sr. Compliance Specialist, Tenant Screening
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
What You'll Do
Partner with AppFolio’s tenant screening organization to support a balanced and effective tenant screening risk and compliance program by providing thoughtful legal and regulatory advice and related practical solutions.
What we’re looking for
- Leverage background screening industry knowledge and experience to build systems and reporting processes designed to identify and address legal and regulatory developments that impact our tenant screening business.
- Ensure that business and legal and compliance teams are well informed and understand the real world impact of such legal and regulatory developments on our business and customers.
- Partner with Director, Screening Risk and Compliance to understand tenant screening product development and business initiatives, identify key legal and regulatory issues and provide recommended solutions.
- Propose continuous enhancements to the screening compliance program.
- Partner with relevant teams within the tenant screening business to act as the main point of contact for compliance questions and escalations (including onboarding, consumer relations and screening support teams).
- Build and manage a comprehensive library of tenant screening policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and any other relevant statutes.
- Draft (and amend, as necessary) relevant tenant screening policies and procedures.
- Support the compliance audit function as it relates to the audit of such tenant screening policies and procedures.
- Experience working with the FCRA and in the background screening industry preferred (tenant background screening experience ideal)
- Highly experienced drafting complex legal documents; excellent legal writing skills
- Legal and/or compliance background or experience necessary
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Juris Doctor preferred
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Damon V.VP, Software Engineering, MyCase
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top