Sr. Account Executive
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we are looking for:
The New Initiative Account Executive will be working with a specific segment within AppFolio’s existing customer base to promote and sell a new service. Through a strategic approach, this individual will work to develop relationships within our rapidly expanding customer base and identify opportunities thru prospecting, lead follow-up/qualification, presentations and demonstrations to customers in order to find great value matches.
As this is a new service for AppFolio, this individual will also be a critical contributor in developing the sales playbook for the team, and helping to determine the right way to scale our go-to-market activities as we grow an exciting new business within AppFolio.
Ideal candidates are self-motivated, quick learners who enjoy building relationships and figuring out the puzzle of how to successfully sell into a new market.
- Prospecting, educating, and closing deals with AppFolio customers mostly over the phone, but with some in person (20% travel).
- Maintaining active engagement with customer opportunities through creative follow-ups designed to increase customer interest
- Qualifying customers and working closely with the onboarding team to ensure a smooth hand-off post-sale so that the customer is set-up for success.
- Help to write the playbook that will be used to create a repeatable sales process as the business scales.
- Identify and assist in developing strategies for dealing with common objections.
- Identify and assist in developing the sales tools needed for success.
- Managing and maintaining accurate account/opportunity entries within Salesforce (CRM).
Skills and Knowledge:
- Entrepreneurial. Can operate independently and is comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Exceptional level of drive and passion for results
- Willingness to learn new skills and build a career in relationship selling
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- +5 years of successful B2B sales experience, preferably in tech.
- Knowledge and sales experience in the real estate vertical highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Salesforce experience helpful
- BS/BA/BE degree
Back to top