Software Engineering Tech Lead
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
Manage and grow your teams of 5 to 10 engineers
Empower and coach your teams to achieve a high level of productivity, quality, and agility to address evolving customer needs
Develop engineers on your teams, helping them advance in their careers
Ensure platforms and systems are healthy and scaling well to meet customer needs
Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
Recruit top engineers from outreach-through-close
Lead your teams to rapidly deliver on ambitious business goals
What We’re Looking For
As a Tech Lead for AppFolio's property management products, you will lead and grow a passionate group of engineers to make every aspect of property management simpler for our customers. You will lead the teams you work with to make our customers' businesses to thrive by providing them with the best tools possible. You will collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other business leaders across AppFolio to quickly identify and launch new products and services that help our customers run their businesses more efficiently.
- You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with product managers, designers, and other engineers to quickly and iteratively deliver
- You’ve collaborated closely with product, marketing, and design teams to launch new products and to iterate on existing ones
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience at a fast-growing, product-focused software company
- You are an accomplished engineer with technical chops to back your leadership abilities
- You are comfortable and well-versed with agile concepts like kanban and lean software development
- You are just as comfortable writing and reviewing code as you are leading team discussions
- You coach and support your directs to achieve great results rather than micromanaging or giving out orders
- You have a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- (Nice to have) Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web application frameworks
- (Nice to have) Experience with microservices or SOA
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.
Back to top