Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2017)
Who we are:
MyCase is a Web-based legal practice management software that is built for the modern law firm. MyCase is a division of AppFolio Inc.(NASDAQ: APPF), creators of cloud-based software, designed for specific industries, providing our customers with user-friendly, intuitive, and innovative solutions. Our headquarters are in Santa Barbara with other key offices in San Diego and Dallas. To learn more about AppFolio and our values check out our profile on The Muse!
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Pay
- Amazing company culture
- Room to grow and tons of mentoring
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- A fully stocked break room with all kinds of snacks and goodies
- Being a part of a growing, public SaaS company
What we are looking for:
We are looking for talented Software Engineer Interns. As a 2017 summer intern, you'll be paired up with a software engineering mentor who will guide you through a meaningful software development project.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge software, loves learning new and emerging technologies, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Rapidly fix bugs
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineering team members, QA, and product owners
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace.
- Research, share, and recommend new technologies and trends
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Hands-on work/intern experience developing web-based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Web development experience with proficiency in a modern programming language (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Java)
- Creativity, ability to solve complex problems without a roadmap
Nice to have:
- Experience working across all levels of the development stack
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development processes
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products and being part of a successful public company, apply today!
Back to top