Senior User Experience Designer
- San Diego, CA
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
AppFolio is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our fast paced team working to bring the power of well-designed SaaS products to a multitude of vertical industries. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, eager to apply Agile and Lean UX techniques while working alongside Software & QA Engineers, and Product Managers to build revolutionary software solutions.
The Senior UX Designer is a dedicated member of a small, cross functional scrum team and is primarily responsible for prototyping and validating design solutions made in collaboration with other team members. An evangelist for user-centered design, this individual has a unique talent and passion for translating complex tasks into simple interactions, driving ease of use as our key competitive advantage.
- Meet complex design challenges by participating alongside engineering, QA and product in LeanUX-inspired activities such as design studios, provisional personas and storymapping
- Ongoing, close collaboration with team members during the sprint including impromptu discussions and brainstorming activities as well as pairing with engineers on design
- Support the team as needed with wireframes, flow diagrams, rapid prototypes and visual design to help communicate and validate design ideas
- Facilitate user research, in collaboration with the team, to validate prototypes and conduct ongoing usability testing of the working software
- Be the voice and advocate of the customer, constantly sharing data and insights with the team to communicate customer needs and best practices
- Evangelize a cohesive user experience via the consistent use of UI patterns
- Inspire teams beyond good usability to user delight by promoting beautiful, cutting-edge visual design
- Actively participate in the evolving UX team strategy, discovering and piloting new tools and resources that promote agile and lean methodologies
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical aptitude, product common sense, and curiosity combined with a genuine love for products, people, and user experience
- A portfolio of software design that demonstrates outstanding interaction design skills across multiple devices as well as a thorough understanding of graphic design, page layout and typography
- Experience with a variety of UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, mockups, prototypes, etc.), but with a keen sense of when to choose the right tool(s) to communicate the design
- Knowledge of Agile UX and Lean UX methodologies and experience working in a highly collaborative, agile environment is a huge plus
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Axure, etc
- Intermediate understanding of HTML/CSS, with direct experience optimizing design concepts around these technologies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in user experience or interactive visual design. BA in a design or digital media is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software a plus
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top