Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio(NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
We are hiring a Sr. Software Engineer, Machine Learning to contribute to our rapid product development pace. Our Engineers work collaboratively to set the technical direction for our SaaS products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building new data-driven products and services. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
This opening is on our AppFolio Property Manager product development team, working closely with our CTO This is a newly created position and a great opportunity to build AppFolio’s data-driven approach.
- Work with our product development teams to build customer-facing products and features that are enabled by machine learning technology
- Leverage AppFolio’s massive, well-structured data set to build new features and products that customers love
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineering team members, QA, and product owners, and our APM customers
- Leverage agile practices, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
- Research, share, and recommend new technologies and trends
You know you’re the right fit if…
- You have working knowledge of current techniques and approaches in machine learning
- You know enough machine learning research to read and understand academic papers, but don’t necessarily need to have published in the past
- You love learning about new technologies, but love building real products more.
- You care about work life balance and want your company to care about it to; you'll put in the extra hour when needed but won't let it become a habit.
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Hands-on experience developing real products that are enabled by machine learning technology, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Creativity, ability to solve complex problems without a roadmap
Nice to Have:
- Experience working across all levels of the development stack
- 2-5+ years work experience developing real world applications powered by machine learning, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience with some areas of our tech like Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, AWS, SOA
- Familiarity with Test-Driven-Development
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products, and contributing to a successful company, apply today!
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Software Engineering Director
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top