Senior Financial Analyst - R&D
- Dallas, TX
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
AppFolio is looking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to join us in delivering scalable, efficient financial processes, and analytics that enable our R&D business leaders to make informed decisions and foster a collaborative, world-class partnership.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver scalable, efficient financial process and analytics that enable R&D business leaders to make informed decisions and foster a collaborative, world-class partnership.
- Partner effectively with R&D business leaders, specifically by providing critical feedback and relevant data points to guide more informed decision making to align with short term and long term objectives.
- Develop and manage an ROIC model to be used in evaluating investment opportunities across this business, such as new product launches and pricing decisions.
- Develop, implement, and manage a long-range forecast model, to be used as part of the Strategic Planning process.
- Facilitate annual financial planning and monthly forecasting processes for the R&D teams within the business units. Own creation of budgets and forecasts for headcount, expense, and investments.
- Lead monthly financial review with the R&D leaders. Develop presentations to be used during the reviews, with format and content in alignment across BUs.
What We’re Looking For
- Analytical: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions.
- Attention to Detail: Don't let important details “slip” through the cracks.
- Autonomous: Can work independently and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, yet knows when to ask for help.
- Creativity: We’re solving novel problems; doing the same things we’ve done in the past may work sometimes, but it won’t always be enough. Creative, elastic thinking is critical to our success.
- Communication & Influence: Strong written and oral communication skills; can influence across the organization, inspire confidence and garner support for strategic initiatives.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Project Management: Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment
- Collaborative: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or related fields; MBA Preferred
- 5+ years FP&A experience or equivalent tenure from related positions in corporate finance, accounting, data analytics and at least two years experience in startup or high-growth SaaS company
- Experience working with a SaaS revenue model, related revenue recognition and SaaS metrics desired
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required; experience with Adaptive Insights, Tableau and other financial systems preferred
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top