Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a completelifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we are looking for:
AppFolio is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our established Operations team in San Diego, and help us as we enhance and operate the high-availability, cloud-based infrastructure of our legal SaaS product, MyCase.
Upon joining us, you will become an integral part of architecting, building and maintaining our cloud-based hosting, computing, networking and storage infrastructure. By continually improving the automation and tooling for code deployment, continuous integration, and infrastructure automation/management, your knowledge and contributions will be central to helping MyCase’s core product scale to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding customer base.
If you’ve ever dreamed of working in a high-visibility, high-impact tech organization who truly believes in using cutting-edge technologies, maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and having a heck of a lot of fun doing it - we’d love to talk to you!
- Own uptime and system health across multiple regions, supporting tens of thousands of law firms
- Automate, automate, automate!
- Work with engineering teams to configure, deploy and maintain running systems
- Develop and continually improve the high-availability framework of our platform
- Bring an awesome attitude to work every day
- Help our development teams move fast, while safely delivering high quality code
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience in highly available 24x7 production environment
- Passion for automation
- Collaborative problem-solving, and willingness to teach, learn, and be a generalist
- Experience with using Amazon Web Services, including APIs and CLIs
- Experience with Networking and Security
- Experience with administration of MySQL or RDS
- Experience with Linux & nginx
- Excellent, proven problem solving and innovation skills
Knowledge and Skills Highly Desired:
- Experience with scripting in bash and/or ruby
- Experience with monitoring/data collection tools such as DataDog, Monit, NewRelic, Redis
- Experience with infrastructure scripting tools: Docker, Terraform, Puppet
- Experience with server virtualization technology: vagrant, KVM, XEN, VMWare
- Experience with Agile development
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate team in San Diego and help expand a great product!
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Web Production Specialist
Lizzie helps each AppFolio client develop a website and an online presence that looks and feels professional. Her goal is to help clients’ businesses build their brands and establish credibility online.
Back to top