Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a completelifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we are looking for:
AppFolio is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our established Operations team in San Diego, and help us as we enhance and operate the high-availability, cloud-based infrastructure of our legal SaaS product, MyCase.
Upon joining us, you will become an integral part of architecting, building and maintaining our cloud-based hosting, computing, networking and storage infrastructure. By continually improving the automation and tooling for code deployment, continuous integration, and infrastructure automation/management, your knowledge and contributions will be central to helping MyCase’s core product scale to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding customer base.
If you’ve ever dreamed of working in a high-visibility, high-impact tech organization who truly believes in using cutting-edge technologies, maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and having a heck of a lot of fun doing it - we’d love to talk to you!
- Own uptime and system health across multiple regions, supporting tens of thousands of law firms
- Automate, automate, automate!
- Work with engineering teams to configure, deploy and maintain running systems
- Develop and continually improve the high-availability framework of our platform
- Bring an awesome attitude to work every day
- Help our development teams move fast, while safely delivering high quality code
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience in highly available 24x7 production environment
- Passion for automation
- Collaborative problem-solving, and willingness to teach, learn, and be a generalist
- Experience with using Amazon Web Services, including APIs and CLIs
- Experience with Networking and Security
- Experience with administration of MySQL or RDS
- Experience with Linux & nginx
- Excellent, proven problem solving and innovation skills
Knowledge and Skills Highly Desired:
- Experience with scripting in bash and/or ruby
- Experience with monitoring/data collection tools such as DataDog, Monit, NewRelic, Redis
- Experience with infrastructure scripting tools: Docker, Terraform, Puppet
- Experience with server virtualization technology: vagrant, KVM, XEN, VMWare
- Experience with Agile development
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate team in San Diego and help expand a great product!
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top