Quality Assurance Engineer
AppFolio is looking for a full-time QA Engineer to join our MyCase product software development team in San Diego, CA. We practice and value pair programming, test-driven development and test automation. We have a unique, open office environment conducive to collaboration and communication. AppFolio a fast growing and funded start-up based in Santa Barbara, CA with additional offices in Dallas, TX and San Diego, CA.
- Conduct exploratory software testing to identify areas of improvement for our web-based applications
- Test new product features as part of our user story-driven, Agile/Scrum software development process
- Collaborate closely with software developers to resolve issues discovered during testing
- Coordinate across teams to ensure preparedness for each software release
- Assist in writing automated tests, including user interface integration tests.
- Assist in backlog grooming for upcoming development sprints
- Encourage and advocate team ownership of software quality
Knowledge and Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical coursework and practical experience.
- Work/Intern experience in Accounting, Finance, Technology, or related fields. All work experience levels in QA Engineering welcome to apply.
- Analytical, organizational, and time-management skills with high attention to detail
- A commitment to quality, and an enthusiasm for testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with development teams and product owners
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development process in a SaaS environment highly desired
- Experience writing automated tests (Selenium, Ruby) highly desired
This is a rare opportunity to join a small, passionate team in San Diego and help expand a great product.
Back to top