Product Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing product positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation while defining the target buyer segments for new products and services in partnership with Product Management. This position assists in the planning, communication and execution of the launch strategy and process, plus partners with the marketing program managers to create targeted campaigns that drive awareness, purchase and adoption. Ultimately this role needs to have a superior grasp of our software and customer, as well as a keen understanding of our marketplace.
This individual reports to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Strategy and Programs, and will ensure efficiency and alignment across the Marketing, Product and Value Added Services teams along the entire product and services launch process.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy by owning key elements of the product launch process
- Assist in building communications strategy and compelling messaging to drive awareness & consideration for new products, as well as drive product adoption among existing customers
- Define new target buyer and user segments for new products and services to drive marketing programs strategy and provide insights to internal teams
- Establish a rapport with individual Product Managers and attend Core Team meetings to uncover & understand the details of a product release, and translate that information into internal education, messaging documentation and readiness for product launch
- Partner with Product, Value Added Services & Marketing Strategy Team to plan and drive in-app communication and engagement offers within product workflow and adoption initiatives
- Provide visibility for the Marketing team on in-app marketing initiatives and the product roadmap
- Stay on top of industry trends by attending industry events, monitoring competitors and partner activity, reviewing customer feedback & reading industry trades regularly
- Provide regular education for both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits
- Measure and optimize the customer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a competitive intelligence repository
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a SaaS-based company preferably in Marketing or Product Management
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven experience in using data to make informed decisions
- Positive attitude and great sense of humor
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top