Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
The Product Manager works closely with the Engineering team to communicate and present customer problems and help facilitate discussions with customers.
This position will meet regularly with Sales, Marketing, and Client Services to discuss upcoming releases and gather feedback on what can be improved in the product. This role reports to the Director of Product Management.
The ideal candidate has an uncanny ability to listen and engage prospects/customers, embraces new technologies, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and loves to solve problems.
What will you do?
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Constantly gather feedback from customers and prospective customers in order to recommend product improvements
- Work with sales, implementation, marketing, and support teams to identify ways to make our value added services better
- Manage an Agile development based scrum team as a product owner by leading feature identification and prioritizing requirements
- Build business cases (including financial analyses) and present it to management
- Keep up to date with market and technology trends and competitive offerings
Desired Skills & Experience
You will be a great fit in this group if you have:
- 5+ years experience with high-tech products and technologies (preferably software as a service products)
- A strong technical background – BS in Computer Science with significant hands-on experience building technology products is preferred. We are looking for quality (not quantity) of experience. MBA is a plus.
- A keen sense of business – the ability to understand market trends and consumer requirements, build business cases to justify your analysis, and design and prioritize features to fit the market needs.
- Leadership - Proven ability to lead medium to large (7 to 15 people) cross-functional teams
Above all, we are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about building great products. If that sounds like you but you lack in one or more of the areas above, still feel free to drop us a line.
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Sales Development Representative, Ninja Team
Sam sets up meetings and seeks out business opportunities for AppFolio’s Sales Team. His main goal is to create conditions that allow the Sales Team to drive company success.
Back to top