Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
We are currently hiring an Onboarding Specialists to join our Client Services department. The purpose of this role is to ensure a successful onboarding for new clients as they transition from previous solutions to AppFolio Property Manager. This is the most important phase of the customer lifecycle, and the Onboarding Specialist is responsible for establishing the solid foundation that drives customers’ future successes. Onboarding Specialists work in conjunction with Onboarding Managers, Payment and Screening Specialists, and oversee the data conversion of the onboarding process. The role is a blend of customer-facing communication and focused project management tasks.
This is the ideal opportunity for motivated individuals who provide excellent customer service while maintaining an organized queue of internal tasks. Successful Onboarders have an obsession for accuracy, a passion for helping others and a blend of technical and interpersonal skills. New hires complete a formal training program to develop extensive product knowledge, which is invaluable for future career opportunity at AppFolio.
This entry-level position is the starting point for a building a successful career at AppFolio and in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) industry.
- Master the product through formal onboarding program and continued learning.
- Gather, analyze and process client data during data migrations.
- Complete assigned tasks in an organized manner to ensure project deadlines.
- Proactive outreach to ensure customer success during their first month post-live.
- Work in a team environment and partnered with an Onboarding Manager.
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries via phone and email.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by providing distinctive service in all interactions.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize GoToMeeting to provide efficient face-to-face customer service.
- Utilize SalesForce to manage customer interaction and inquiries.
- Partner with Sales and Services teams to define ongoing best practices for onboarding tasks.
- Receive direction from Implementation Director and Onboarding Managers.
- Serve as an AppFolio brand ambassador to create promoters within industry.
- Represent Services department at offsite meetups with customers and prospects.
You know you're the right fit if:
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS/BE degree required
- Exceptional customer relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities for advanced problem-solving
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to influence decision-making and change
- Highly organized and strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to display good judgment
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow through on tasks until completed
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and find creative solutions
- High degree of flexibility
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Accounting knowledge desired
- Property Management knowledge desired
Back to top