Marketing Database Strategist
- Dallas, TX
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Marketing Database Strategist will be a strategic thinker and tactical executor of market research at AppFolio. In this position you’ll gain in depth understanding of business strategy, processes, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates; and work closely with the AppFolio leadership team, and cross-functional partners, to report key findings and help AppFolio make decisions. The Marketing Database Strategist provides analysis and insights about the Real Estate Market that help to inform strategic decisions by business stakeholders. This individual will have a deep understanding of market research methods, marketing performance metrics, and tracking methodologies.
A successful candidate in this role will work to create scalable processes to provide insights, accurate reporting, and comprehensive dashboards that are easily digestible at all levels of the organization and that will help show how we are capturing the Real Estate Market.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze our Total Addressable Market, leads, pipeline, and bookings by various marketing channels, market segments, campaigns, timeframes, and sales channels
- Create data visualization dashboards to answer key business questions and connect the dots around performance and market penetration
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally across the business, to refine reporting and data capture standards and automation, identify workflow/system improvements and perform ad hoc analyses to identify areas of opportunity within the market
- Provide timely analysis to drive key insights through data analysis and identifying opportunities to capture the market and improve efficiency.
- Determine the set of tools, automation, data, and processes needed to scale with the business and improve efficiency.
- Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs.
- Manage customer and stakeholder relationships and expectations by developing a communication flow to keep others up to date with pertinent information (project status, results, next steps, etc.).
- Integrate multiple data sources to help drive actionable analysis.
- 3-5 years of business experience in a field such as marketing analytics, business strategy/analytics, financial analysis, consulting, or market research
- BS or BA degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, data science. MBA preferred
- The candidate will possess business acumen and analytical skills, used to enable rapid decision making, while also being able to ‘do’ the work and execute
- Ability to work independently, create buy in from others, and drive projects to completion
- Highly detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively as part of a high functioning team
- Able to think strategically and work effectively with management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to tell a story/provide meaningful insights through data
- Experience with data analysis tools including Excel, SQL, R, Python or similar tools
- Experience with data visualization tools including Tableau, Data Studio, Power BI or similar tools
- Demonstrated success presenting large data sets clearly and compellingly that inspires action
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and agility
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top