Marketing Database Specialist
- Dallas, TX
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Marketing Database Specialist works in a collaborative environment with Marketing Operations, Sales, and SDRs to build out and optimize the Marketing prospect database. This includes conducting data clean-up and quality control, appending data, providing training, and helping to monitor the flow of information between systems.
What You’ll Do
- Optimize all data fields needed for Marketing campaigns.
- Engaging with the relevant teams to ensure that the campaigns reach the right audience, with the right product, at the right time, increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with Marketing Operations leaders to ensure accurate synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to maintain the data integrity of both systems.
- Upload lists into Marketo
- Build out the database of accounts and contacts while ensuring the highest data quality using tactics such as data enrichment, data clean-up, accurate list load, and de-duplication services/programs.
- Assist with database de-duping and cleanup procedures, including data migrations and/or mass data uploads.
- Research and Identify existing available databases that match the criteria needed by Marketing, BDRs, and Sales.
- Work closely with all marketing and sales ops to help with data updates to maintain database health - ensure data cleanliness & completeness.
- Monitor database hygiene, performing ongoing data cleansing to maintain the health and accuracy of our prospect, and lead database.
- Audit, uncover and resolve data integrity issues.
- Manage and provide ongoing metrics around the database (e.g. accounts created, contacts added, etc.)
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
- Regularly review campaign performance data and database metrics to Identify trends and opportunities based upon Flexibility to quickly adapt and change to align with business needs
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of marketing or database-related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Experience with Salesforce records, objects, fields, and reporting a plus
- Can work cross-functionally to complete projects and achieve needed outcomes.
- Experience within a B2C or B2B Marketing database
- Critical and Analytical thinking skills; the ability to translate reports into meaningful insights to be shared throughout cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and find creative solutions
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top