Manager, Client Services & Operations FP&A
- Santa Barbara, CA
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
- In partnership with business leaders, develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes, and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts.
- Develop, own, and maintain all relevant data and models utilizing the financial forecasting system, Adaptive Planning.
- Prepare and automate monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for review, including detailed variance explanations against budget and forecast to understand performance drivers.
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis for business and product teams, including ad hoc modeling and analysis.
- Support the annual budgeting & monthly forecasting processes for CS and Operations, including development of headcount/expense models, department specific budgets, and related KPI analysis.
- Meet with business line owners monthly on revenue performance, as well as headcount and operating expense planning; be able to communicate drivers and insights in conjunction with recommendations on potential action.
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate accruals and adherence to accounting policies.
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or related fields; MBA Preferred
- 7+ years FP&A experience or equivalent tenure from related positions in corporate finance, accounting, data analytics and at least two years experience in startup or high-growth SaaS company
- Experience working with a SaaS revenue model, related revenue recognition and SaaS metrics desired
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required; experience with Adaptive Insights, Tableau and other financial systems preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions without specific step-by-step instructions.
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects while delivering results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated success building effective partnerships and managing relationships at all levels.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top