Key Account Manager
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will possess strong account management skills, will keep the customer and business goals at the forefront of all decision making and drive outcomes to ensure long-term customer success. Key measurables are retention, feature adoption, annual revenue and customer satisfaction. This position plays a critical role in developing and maintaining high customer satisfaction and requires a tactful, driven professional who is comfortable working with all levels of customer sophistication while also collaborating cross-functionally with the AppFolio Onboarding, Sales, Support, Product and Marketing teams as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of our most valued clients: become their trusted advisor, understand their business goals and proactively drive outcomes to ensure long-term customer success.
- Analyze accounts’ business needs to provide focused guidance and follow-up.
- Provide clear value to your clients by keeping them educated, engaged and adopting our evolving core and Value+ products and services, resulting in continued revenue generation and overall satisfaction.
- Own all risk management and mitigation to ensure retention of your customer portfolio, including annual and transactional NPS.
- Schedule, deliver and follow-up on custom Executive Business Reviews for assigned accounts, remotely or onsite.
- Manage queue of open support requests and ensures timely resolution.
- Provide customized training remotely or onsite.
- Actively recruits and consults face-to-face with clients at our annual customer conference
- Partner with Sales and Value+ teams to drive opportunities for expansion units and higher Value+ attachment.
- Represents Customer Success team at customer-facing events and trainings.
What We're Looking for:
- Customer Focus - Thinks about and inserts the customer at all levels of decision making
- Intelligence - Able to digest high level detail quickly, think quickly on one’s feet. Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive - Acts without being told, creates opportunities
- Goal Orientation - Can make short term decisions with long term goals in mind
- Flexibility - Agile enough to adapt to changing client conditions and needs as well as project responsibilities
- Enthusiasm - Finds joy and excitement in helping clients reach their goals and excels at efficiently mastering new product features
- Communication - Clearly articulates and gives instruction in a professional manner. Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Curiosity - A keen interest to deeply understand core efficiencies and obstacles facing the client
- Personable - An affable disposition that welcomes customer facing discussion
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - Ability to create and maintain strong positive relationships with AppFolio customers
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic team environment. Must possess the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with Salesforce CRM suite
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years of Customer Success and/or Account Management experience required
Back to top