Inside Sales Representative
Who we are:
WegoWise by AppFolio is a mission-driven for-profit company, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions. Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
WegoWise is a progressive company with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining WegoWise means becoming part of a culture that values each individual’s opinions.
Why WegoWise by AppFolio?
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we're looking for:
WegoWise by AppFolio is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to help us sell to new customers and markets. Inside Sales Representatives apply their consultative sales skills to help WegoWise expand our customer base. Our Inside Sales Representatives have a meaningful impact on the growth of our business, and contribute to our mission of improving the environmental sustainability of buildings. The right candidate will be a self-starter, independent thinker, passionate about sales, and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization.
Inside Sales Reps develop a pipeline of opportunities and manage the sales process from first contact through contract execution. This includes:
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities in their market
- Performing pro-active outreach, following up on inbound inquiries, and serving as primary point of contact with potential customers throughout the sales cycle
- Assessing each potential customer’s needs and goals, demonstrating our software, and communicating a clear value proposition
- Preparing compelling proposals and finalizing new contracts
- Occasional travel to in-person meetings and industry conferences
Primary success metrics are new sales, retention of existing revenue, and contract expansion. Inside Sales Reps coordinate with Customer Success Managers to maximize customer lifetime value. This role reports to the Inside Sales Manager and collaborates closely with all departments, including Customer Success, Product, Marketing and Engineering. The sales team is itself a collaborative team that cares about, supports, and learns from each other.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, independent thinker, passionate about sales, and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding goals
- Experience selling to the real estate and/or energy management sectors
- Experience in SaaS, a startup, and/or a company focused on data/analytics
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Suite, Salesforce and/or other CRM platforms
- A constant and self-imposed drive to exceed goals
- Well-organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple accounts and assignments simultaneously
- Adapt well to frequently changing systems and workloads, creative and flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values
- Location: Boston (HQ)
- Be a nice person
Back to top