As Graphic Designer, you will work closely with the AppFolio Marketing Teams in a production and deadline-driven environment to produce designs for print and digital.
This full-time, in-house position is responsible for providing design support for AppFolio's marketing websites, blogs, landing pages, emails, banner ads, print ads, collateral, presentations and more. In this role, you should be highly-creative and have a sharp eye for visual detail. If you are passionate about design, we’d like to meet you.
This position is located in Santa Barbara, CA. This role works closely with and reports to the Director of Creative Services.
- Think creatively to develop new designs from concept to completion
- Produce drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions
- Present new ideas and out-of-the-box digital marketing solutions to help grow AppFolio products
- Amend final designs to clients comments, present and gain full approval
- Output downloadable print and web-ready files for clients and Creative Services Library
- Listen to feedback to hone skills and improve design
- Work both independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams of copywriters, developers and marketers and others
- Participate in team brainstorming meetings, retrospectives, and quarterly workshops
- Keep up to date on the latest relevant technologies
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio in print and digital design
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Expert in industry leading software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Working knowledge of
- Responsive Web Design
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Understanding of online marketing, split testing, lead generation and search engine marketing
- Experience using Agile-tracking tools (Jira or similar tool)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to team and management
- Effective communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- BS/BA in Design or a related field
*All applicants MUST supply a resume and a digital design portfolio.
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Web Production Specialist
Lizzie helps each AppFolio client develop a website and an online presence that looks and feels professional. Her goal is to help clients’ businesses build their brands and establish credibility online.
Back to top