Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
The Events Manager is responsible for the strategy and execution of AppFolio internal and external events, including our Executive and Corporate Events, Customer Conference, Annual Kickoff, Tradeshows and Customer Events. This role will develop and execute strategies to grow AppFolio Property Manager’s audience and opportunities to develop deeper relationships with customer through in-person and virtual events.
The ideal candidate is comfortable thinking through both the strategy and the details required to execute, as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams. AppFolio events are highly visible and an integral part of our customer engagement strategy and will be executed flawlessly. Working cross functionally, you will manage program goals, event strategies, positioning and messaging of the brand, audience and list generation, speaker plan, collateral, event website and registration, and event logistics. The Events Manager will report directly to the Manager, Events.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with leadership and key stakeholders to develop and own overarching marketing plan for our 2018 event calendar
- Partner with Events, Manager in the production of a yearly calendar of events for all internal and external events
- Execute event contracts, program allocation and invoicing in partnership with Events, Marketing Operations and Procurement Teams
- Partner with cross functional AppFolio leadership and teams to drive outcomes for each event attendee and staff for each event, based on needs of specific event types
- Manage teams to execute daily set-up, maintenance and operation of on-site event marketing programs for all event types, plus on-site event success, which will include travel
- Partner with Marketing Communications teams to align and position marketing strategies and mix for all pre-event and post-event programs and logistics
- Partner with sales to create enablement materials and campaigns that create and accelerate revenue opportunities with attendees pre and post conference.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop the strategy for booth materials, product collateral, and schwag for all event types
- In partnership with Marketing Specialist and Coordinator, maintain all Marketing inventory levels and pars
- Develop and execute event marketing campaigns, in conjunction with a holistic view of ongoing marketing calendar, to create an integrated, personalized experience for prospect and customer registrants and attendees
- Manage and execute Partnership and Association Marketing Programs
- Drive to stringent event outcomes, including brand awareness and preference, demand generation, and fabulous in person experiences – events have to be fun as well as revenue and retention programs
- Bridge offline and online presence through search, social, paid media, mobile, in-person events, etc. to create a consistent, nurturing experience across channels that generates excitement and engagement
- Analyze previous campaign, channel and customer data to inform planning and personalization strategies
- Work with Events Team to collaborate with external partners, identify opportunities to broaden and/or strengthen working relationships that drive greater demand generation effectiveness, reach and efficiency
- Support regional event and speaking opportunities, developing standards for and sourcing promotional campaigns, collateral, booth materials, and giveaways
- Work with cross-functional teams on projects dealing with media relations, business communications, success stories, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or Business discipline required
- 5+ years of experience in executive level events, tradeshows and conference management
- 3+ years campaign management experience in B2B marketing
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working cross-functionally to gather requirements from various stakeholders
- Strong business writing and communication capabilities, preferably with direct experience in B2B marketing
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple groups
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability
- Positive attitude and a great sense of humor
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Web Production Specialist
Lizzie helps each AppFolio client develop a website and an online presence that looks and feels professional. Her goal is to help clients’ businesses build their brands and establish credibility online.
Back to top