Enterprise Solution Engineer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
The Enterprise Solution Engineer enables our sales team with a variety of internal strategy and customer-focused services to assist in achieving bookings goals. This role provides subject matter expertise to prospects and sales teams on both the AppFolio Property Manager product and the Property Management Industry. You will be responsible for technical aspects of proposed solutions working in close partnership with our Enterprise Sales team.
The ideal candidate brings extensive pre-sales experience with enterprise SaaS applications, has a passion for customer satisfaction, an affinity for details and possesses a record of independent action. You will drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability and a superior customer focus. Participates as part of sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets. The ability to build extraordinary relationships with customers and team members is critical.
This is a newly created role and a compelling opportunity to help build and drive AppFolio Property Manager sales up-market.
● Drives new opportunities and assists the sales team in closing deals by managing the technical aspects in all stages of the sales cycle from discovery to due diligence
● Work cross-functionally across product development, engineering, services, and marketing teams to penetrate a new AppFolio market.
● Leverage product knowledge to provide technical expertise to the sales team and customers.
● Conduct customer needs analyses and assist in overcoming objections and problem solving.
● Technical sales presentations; product demonstrations; and product proof of concepts, focusing on value the product brings to the customer
● Training of both new and existing sales team members on AppFolio Property Manager and STC sales methodology
● Participate in customer facing events such as Trade-Shows and Meet-Ups
● Facilitate on-boarding of sales reps by working directly with them in all stages of sales cycle
● Work directly with the sales leadership team to assist reps on best practices as needed
● Travel up to 50% as required
Knowledge and Skills:
● 5+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a B2B Enterprise SaaS organization
● Direct, hands-on technical experience in a customer-facing role a must
● Demonstrated success with large enterprise opportunities in your current role
● Exposure to complex sales cycles
● Thorough understanding of the AppFolio sales methodology (Selling Through Curiosity) or a related consultative selling technique.
● Excellent presentation, communication, time management and listening skills with proven ability to motivate and train
● Competitive + possess an entrepreneurial spirit and is driven to succeed
● Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to diagnose prospect needs and build relationships through value-based approach
● Ability to uncover business requirements, analyze and understand customer systems and problems, and deliver solutions to clients
● Strong experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel ,GoToMeeting or similar, Google Docs
● Bachelor’s degree desired
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Software Engineering Director
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top