Director, Sales Operations and Strategy
Who we are:
AppFolio was founded by the team that built GoToMeeting, a market leading enterprise software solution. We have extensive experience in building great technology products. Think of us as a successful Silicon Valley style start up with a key office in the heart of Texas. Our offices are in Santa Barbara (HQ), with other office locations in Richardson, north of Dallas and San Diego.
...Watch our video to learn more:
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits
- 20 PTO Days
- Amazing company culture
- Room to grow and lead the professional growth of team members
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- A fully stocked break room with all kinds of snacks and goodies
- Being a part of a rapidly growing startup company in SaaS
What we are looking for:
- The Director of Sales Operations and Strategy partners with the Sales VP to identify, build and implement strategies for bookings attainment and growth that align with Marketing and product strategy.
- Responsibilities include: business performance reporting, analytics, reporting and recommendations to Sales leadership, owning initiatives to simplify, improve and automate sales processes and reporting along with insights identification, reporting automation, forecasting, sales analytics and modeling initiatives.
- The successful candidate must be a "doer," e.g., someone who can both design an intelligent strategy, but also gather, analyze, and translate the needed data into an actionable and tactical plan.
- This role is an ideal for an experienced Sales Operations professional with exceptional business acumen ready to take on a leadership role.
- This position reports directly to the VP, Sales.
- Partner with Sales VP to define vision and strategy to deliver on company bookings target
- Assist in supporting pipeline analysis, forecasting, territory planning, annual planning, team and Sales rep performance analysis
- Providing world-class operational support using data and analytics to gain meaningful insights and enable more effective decision making
- Monitor APM Sales performance against key performance indicators and implement improvement strategies as required
- Identify and implement tools and systems to support objectives with increased effectiveness, quality and speed through automation
- Analyze performance data to provide assessments of trends, to identify and explain variances from goals, between periods and across team and to identify indicators of possible performance issues or challenges
- Assist in streamlining, automating and documenting sales and sales operations processes
- 5+ years experience in Sales Operations, Sales or Sales Analytics
- Ability to independently analyze, reconcile and prepare reports and presentations for Sales management
- Independent self-starter with strong drive, work ethic and an ability to offer consultative support to Sales leadership
- Experience using CRM applications ideally Salesforce.com, Marketo is a plus
- Extensive experience and skills in reporting automation
- Experience in sales process improvement
- SaaS subscription business experience a plus
- Experience working in a publicly traded company is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced functions in excel and SQL and innovative data visualization in PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top