Director, Sales Finance
- Dallas, TX
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
AppFolio is looking to add a Sales Finance Director to our growing team to be a strategic business partner to the sales and marketing organizations by driving sustainable growth in alignment with short and long term priorities and strategy. You will enable informed decision making by providing financial leadership, data, analysis, and insight on performance and supporting recommendations.
What You’ll Do
- Be a strategic business partner to the Sales and Marketing organizations to drive sustainable growth in alignment with short and long term priorities and strategy.
- Enable informed decision making by the Sales and Marketing organizations by providing financial leadership, and data, analysis, and insight on performance and supporting recommendations.
- Lead the Sales Finance team, inclusive of Sales and Marketing FP&A, Sales Compensation Planning, and Order Management/Deal Desk.
- Be the primary finance business partner to Sales and Marketing leadership across our Real Estate businesses.
- Facilitate annual sales planning and monthly forecasting processes for the sales and marketing teams within the business units. Own creation of budgets and forecasts for bookings, revenue, and sales/marketing expenses.
- Drive sales compensation strategy and planning that aligns with short term and long term objectives. Administer sales compensation plans, including accruals and payments.
- Provide Sales and Marketing Leadership with meaningful analytics and insights into financial and operational performance and trends.
- Introduce standard financial modeling and reporting across the Sales and Marketing teams.
What We’re Looking For
- Business Advocacy & Execution: Results-oriented, objective business advocate; trusted advisor and business partner with the ability to drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments.
- Financial Analysis: Advanced technical proficiency and exceptional financial analysis capabilities. Has a unique perspective in the measurement of business performance and managing risk with a view towards creating shareholder value.
- Detail Orientation: Able to see the big picture and pay attention to detail while striving for accuracy and operational excellence.
- Leadership: Accomplished leader and coach, can manage and build a team of A-Players.
- Communication & Influence: Strong written and oral communication skills; can influence across the organization, inspire confidence and garner support for strategic initiatives.
- Presentation: Experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to CFO, finance leadership, Executives and other key stakeholders.
- Project Management: Effective facilitation and project management skills. Adept at change management and defining new processes.
- 10+ years of experience; SaaS preferred
- Experience with sales compensation planning
- Experience managing deal desk in an enterprise environment
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Back to top