This role designs, plans and executes tailored, one of a kind internal and external event experiences that exceed individual and business expectations, while remaining true to our brand and culture. In partnership with Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Services, Creative Services and our Leadership team across the business, the Director, Events understands our priorities and translates them into in person experiences that make AppFolio the most sought-after brand and technology partner in our space. This role enables closeness with our customers, unique team experiences, and a stand out brand that is right fit to our highest priority market segments.
This individual leads the Events team, partnering closely with departments across the business to ensure continuity and consistency of AppFolio communication, brand, culture and business outcomes.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and mentor a team of event marketing professionals who are responsible for internal and external events.
- Design and execute dynamic, differentiated events and experiences for our employees, customers and prospects.
- Develop promotional strategies that optimize each event investment (pre-event and post-event follow up strategies).
- Lead, from concepting to activation, event marketing programs that are tailored to specific audience.
- Partner with Marketing Strategy, Product Management and Sales teams to implement segmentation strategies to ensure that we are reaching and connecting with priority audiences.
- Partner with Product Management and Marketing Strategy teams to develop and execute on our partner and influencer marketing plan that drives brand awareness, preference and purchase by our highest priority target segments and audiences.
- Collaborate with Marketing Strategy and Creative Services teams to identify opportunities to integrate experiential marketing and the appropriate strategies for implementation
- Plan, approve and monitor event budget and revenue.
- Ensure an integrated approach and collaborate closely with partners to create connections between experiential initiatives and digital, social media, and PR.
- Understand and develop partnerships to identify activation opportunities and further maximize the investment via Experiential programs.
- Lead the development of experiential marketing initiatives ensuring program design meets brand objectives.
- Manage data collection and performance tracking; provide ongoing analysis and optimization recommendations.
- Stay up to date on experiential and consumer trends and apply in the development and execution of experiential marketing programs to maximize results.
- Establish internal and competitive benchmarks, lead performance tracking/analysis
- Monitors trends in real estate landscape to identify activation opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree
- 5-7 years successfully managing prospect, customer and partner events on a national level
- 4+ years experience managing and motivating cross functional teams
- Must be an event program planning and execution expert who can understand strategy, take initiative, think outside the box and drive additional value to AppFolio’s event marketing programs
- Must have strong tactical execution skills and expertise to drive successful brand events with the highest level of operational excellence
- Proven ability to build relationships with sales, services, product and product marketing teams
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the vision and direction of event objectives and goals to all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross functional areas within AppFolio
- Strong event logistics reporting and budget management skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the role social, content and digital media plays in amplifying sponsorships and events
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
- High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative, and a great sense of humor
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability
- Proven experience in using data to make informed decisions
- A natural presenter: stellar public speaking and presenting skills
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Software Engineering Director
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top