Director, Creative Services
Are you ready to live a better quality of life in California? AppFolio (APPF), a successful and growing Santa Barbara Based, SaaS company is hiring for a creative leader. We are a GlassDoor top employer.
Who we are:
AppFolio was founded by the team that built GoToMeeting, a market leading enterprise software solution. We have extensive experience in building great technology products with offices Santa Barbara (HQ), Dallas and San Diego.
To learn more about us, visit AppFolio on The Muse
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits
- 20 PTO Days
- Amazing company culture
- Room to grow and lead the professional growth of team members
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- A fully stocked break room with all kinds of snacks and goodies
- Being a part of a rapidly growing startup company in SaaS
What we are looking for:
Director, Creative Services
The Director of Creative Services leads an in-house design and web development team in creating brand assets, online and offline marketing materials, and web infrastructure for the purpose of driving business via marketing channels for all AppFolio products.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded, tech-savvy, hands-on contributor with battle tested graphic and web design leadership experience in a high volume, fast-paced, ROI-driven environment. A thorough understanding of online marketing, SEO, marketing automation, scalable and repeatable design systems, website optimization, web standards, content marketing and Agile project management is required.
A typical day includes ongoing problem solving, juggling team resources, providing art direction, evaluating and monitoring the status of the project backlog and projects underway, collaborating with various department leads and Marketing team members, prioritizing new requests, clearly communicating expectations to stakeholders and influencing across a broad spectrum of cross-functional partners. An unparalleled attention to detail is a must.
- Leads, trains, coaches and mentors Creative Services Team consisting of designers and developers.
- Partners with the marketing team to develop marketing strategies by examining business objectives.
- Works closely with and has the ability to influence, product marketing leads to design and produce high quality, effective marketing assets and campaigns that drive revenue.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for changes to art, copy, and web development teams.
- Guides CS team members in the creation of project plans; provides coaching and direction with a focus on fostering continuous growth and retention of our team.
- Manages the production schedule by working with CS Team members and various marketing team leads.
- Governs the creative processes and workflows with an eye towards constant optimization; ensures that efficiency, scalability and quality are realized and sustained as we grow.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with stakeholders across the company to execute internal, prospect and customer-facing projects
- Develops regular cadence of information sharing with Marketing Department leaders informed by compiling, analyzing, and reporting on CS Team performance.
- Engages with Online Marketing team to understand the performance of creative assets and campaigns for the purpose of optimizing creative assets.
- Leads the research, learning and recommendation of design, web development and marketing technologies with a commitment to ongoing innovation.
Knowledge & Skills:
7+ years leadership, graphic and web design and marketing experience with expert level proficiency in:
- Adobe CC
- Project management
- Offline print production processes
- Web technologies and development best practices
- Responsive Web Design (and RWD workflows)
- Visual systems design that scales across multiple channels and products
If you are ready to live a better quality of life in California and lead creative work at a rapidly growing SaaS company, apply today!
Back to top