Data Operations Engineer
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a Data Operations Engineer to support the technical operations of the AppFolio Data Platform infrastructure that supports AppFolio’s Analytics, Product Management, and Engineering teams.
What you will do:
- Partner with Business Analytics & Insights and IT/Ops teams to establish and begin to execute vision on near and long-term technical infrastructure to support the reporting, data science, and research use cases of Analytics and Product teams
- Assume shared role of system admin for the AppFolio Data Platform and Tableau solutions, enforcing data compliance and access governance policies established in partnership with Business Analytics & Insights and Finance teams
- Establish service contracts with Business Systems and Product teams to ensure awareness and relevant dependency matrices for system updates or changes that would have an impact to the AppFolio Data Platform and related Reporting/Analytics
- Ensure that data migrations are successful on a cadence that meets or exceeds service level agreements with user groups throughout the organization
- Partner with Engineering and Analytics teams to help compose, refine, and implement ETL scripts in Python, SQL, and other query languages
Skills & Knowledge:
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Proficient in AWS & Snowflake
- Advanced Python and SQL skills
- Experience managing an analytics-facing or “business intelligence” platform
Back to top