Content Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
The Marketing Content Manager plans and implements MyCase’s marketing content strategy, messaging, editorial calendar plus all copywriting, offer strategy and content activities. This role is responsible for creating a compelling messaging strategy, writing the copy and producing various vehicles to carry the messaging to the target audience. The ultimate goal of this role is holistic storytelling along our entire customer journey that drives an increase in MyCase’s digital footprint, target audience awareness, customer engagement and growth. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management and ability to create a content strategy that quickly converts future and existing customers from ‘interested’ to ‘trial’ or purchase.
This individual is an expert in storytelling via high value content, and will partner seamlessly with departments across the business to ensure continuity and consistency of MyCase communication with a focus on using content to quickly convert to action (trials, leads, customer growth).
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- In partnership with Product Management and MyCase marketing leadership, develop product marketing messaging that differentiates our software, features and services in the market and matches to the key benefits/challenges our target audience cares about.
- Understand our target audience, articulating the key value and benefits of our software and services in order to build a compelling and engaging communications strategy for both customer acquisition and growth.
- Work with the product management team to announce new features and services
- Collaborate with team members to create a MyCase Editorial Calendar + content strategy that spans the Customer Journey and Lifecycle, with a focus on producing relevant content that quickly connects the dots from business issues to action (lead, trial, subscriber, upsell)
- Deliver a consistent cadence of storytelling and content that meets the customer where they are in the buying cycle, propelling them to take the next action by establishing value and trust
- Design content, direct response offers and messaging with industry leaders, APPF content team, and outsourced providers for lead generation, trial generation, and customer engagement at each Touch Point along the Customer Journey that drive specific business goals and outcomes
- Partner with agency and MyCase Marketing team members to increase SEO on blog through best practices
- Partner with media team to promote and organize content in multiple channels including Facebook, Industry Partners, and the blog, then define and build quick programs that move from awareness and preference to purchase.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in content creation + digital marketing
- Strong business writing and editing capabilities, with direct experience in B2B marketing and ability to create a content strategy and content that compels our target audience to take action
- Analytical skills to use data to drive insights, identify what content we should be making and how we can best tell our story
- Understanding of inbound and content marketing principles, fundamentals, strategies and key trends
- Act as a leader on the team providing a positive influence as a coach and mentor when working with the marketing team and other departments
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit, positive mindset and strong ability to implement
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top