Compliance Specialist - Screening
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
AppFolio is looking for an exceptional Compliance Specialist with FCRA and background screening regulatory experience to join our small, dynamic compliance team. This individual will be a tenant screening expert, working within the compliance and legal teams to support and provide practical advice to guide the screening services business and product teams.
We are looking for a dedicated professional with excellent work ethic to get started with the following responsibilities:
- Apply your expertise in the background screening industry, and your deep knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and related judicial decisions, to our screening business.
- Act as a screening compliance advisor to the business; take primary responsibility for keeping the business up to date with federal, state and local changes in the industry along with related judicial decisions, enabling us to proactively address changes that affect us.
- Review complex legislation and distill it to its key components for presentation to a non-legal audience, together with related analyses of its application to our business.
- Collaborate with our internal screening service teams to provide advice on compliance questions and escalations.
- Participate in projects and special assignments at the direction of the Sr. Manager, Legal & Compliance.
- Deep FCRA and background screening industry experience (tenant screening industry experience preferred)
- Experience working in a legal and/or compliance role in a SaaS company
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and distilling complex legal topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary organizational and time management skills
- Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Curiosity - you are interested in learning more about the world around you
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Software Engineering Director
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top