Compensation & Systems Specialist
Who we are:
AppFolio was founded by the team that built GoToMeeting, a market leading enterprise software solution. We have extensive experience in software development and continue to lead the way in providing our customers with user-friendly, intuitive, and innovative solutions. Our headquarters is in Santa Barbara with other key offices in Dallas and San Diego.
To learn more, check out our profile on The Muse
What’s in it for you:
● Competitive Pay
● Full Benefits
● 20 PTO Days
● Amazing company culture
● Room to grow and tons of mentoring
● Onsite Fitness Classes
● A fully stocked break room with all kinds of snacks and goodies
● Being a part of a growing public company in SaaS
What we are looking for:
The Compensation & Systems Specialist will be a master multitasker as they provide support in the areas of Benefits, Compensation, and HRIS. Reporting to the Director of Total Rewards, this position will assist in administering the compensation and benefit programs, as well as provide back-end administration and support for all HR activity in our HR systems.
- Administration of various employee benefit plans such as life, health, dental, and disability insurances, retirement plans, and leave of absence.
- Serves as a main point of contact for employees, HR team, and plan participants seeking information and guidance concerning benefit plans. Escalates complex situations to appropriate partner.
- Ensures the proper administration and record-keeping activities for all Company-sponsored retirement and health & welfare plans.
- Works with manager to plan and execute Open Enrollment for all benefit programs.
- Responsible for reviewing and reconciling monthly bills including analyzing data and determining trends.
- Processes leave of absence requests, counsels employees on AppFolio policy and provides updated reports to HR team and managers.
- Manages wellness programs in partnership with benefits broker.
- Provide support in reporting and data analysis - including job/market analysis and evaluations.
- Support in preparing annual compensation surveys.
- Work with stock administration on stock reporting and grant info.
- Support ongoing process around compensation (e.g. salary and stock reviews).
- Maintain compensation related resources and tools.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Serve as the point person for the entry, review, maintenance, expansion and ongoing audit of employee data in core HRIS systems accordance with bi-weekly payroll schedule.
- Own on-boarding process; issue and upload new hire documents, ensure completion and accuracy.
- Own employee change process and ensure that information flows to payroll timely and that managers/employees receive accurate and timely notification of the change.
- Serve as a technical support for the onboarding system and the benefits module in our HRIS system. Assists with the implementation and maintenance of system integrations.
- Manage and continuously automate & simplify core operational processes: on-boarding/off-boarding processes, transfers, personnel file maintenance, employment verifications, I-9 compliance, and unemployment claims.
- Document processes and recommend improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of data integrity by verifying all actions entered into HRIS; assists with data audits and coordinates data entry changes with HR team.
- Create and manage people and org related metrics for internal HR and client audiences.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ year's relevant experience in compensation and HR systems. High tech and benefits experience preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills, independent problem solving skills, and attention to detail with a strong bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks and concurrent projects simultaneously.
- Extensive working knowledge with Microsoft applications - Excel Wizard.
- Experience working with Payroll teams.
- Develop strong relationships with HRBPs and other stakeholders in order to facilitate prompt response and resolution of administrative matters.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a customer service focus.
- Possesses a natural orientation toward creative problem-solving within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact comfortably with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Accurately and thoroughly document, record, and maintain information and data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
If you are interested in being part of a successful, public SaaS company, apply today!
No outside recruiter or agency submissions, please.
Such submissions will be considered free to AppFolio.
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Travis creates space for rising stars on his Sales Team to succeed. He sees his job as an opportunity to help clients make their businesses more efficient and profitable.
Back to top